Learning and engaging with others is my passion, Communication is my vehicle. May it be journalism, academia, strategic communication or content creation, my professional life revolves around strategic thinking, developing and sharing information.
NOVEMBER 2016 – PRESENT, FREELANCE FROM BRUSSELS
AUGUST 2016 – PRESENT, FREELANCE FROM BRUSSELS
SembraMedia is an NGO that works to increase the diversity of voices and quality content in Spanish by helping digital media entrepreneurs. Responsibilities include
• Identifying candidates suitable for the network, engaging with them
• Researching online media in my region.
• Work inside SembraMedia to grow the platform.
MARCH2007 – JULY 2016, SANTO DOMINGO, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
• Manage a newsroom of about 150 people.
• Manage annual budget of 1 million euros.
• Oversee execution of editorial policies, in charge of annual content strategy, conceive special content and features.
• Coordinate content-marketing products with the Marketing department, execute the projects.
• In charge of the newspaper’s 2008 redesign project
• Create, coordinate and develop professional and academic programs on Journalism and Communication. A sample of our main projects include.
• EU-financed project “New Regards on Dominico-Haitian Reality: More and Better Journalism” (July 2011 – April 2012).
• Develop and pilot project activities to fit EU Commission’s aid decision. Budget of 400,000 euros.
30 news stories on migration, interculturality and border issues published in DR and Haitian media.
33 journalists and 49 journalism students from both countries trained on investigative reporting.
3 academic magazines edited in Spanish and Creole.
A multimedia campaign to combat prejudice based on race, gender and ethnicity.
An online platform and community on the subject.